Version 3.0 is available now. It’s the first version which uses ESI for all data imports. This means you no longer need to burden yourself with legacy API keys – simply authenticate the application with Eve, and you’re good to go! To road to make this happen was a long and hard one. There were a lot of internal changes, mainly using new QtNetworkAuthentication module from the Qt framework… which turned out to be a bag of worms, with bugs popping up everywhere. Nevertheless, after many long evenings of fighting, everything seems to be stable and working. Working better than before, I can add. There’s still a lot of work to be done, some bugs might still persist, but the future is looking bright.
I would like to thank everyone who spend their time testing all those beta versions of 3.0. Without you (especially your log files 🙂 ) this release would never be possible.
- [new] experimental HTTP/2 support
- [new] improvements to database performance
- [new] log ESI replies setting
- [fixed] importing invalid contract items for corp contracts
- [fixed] corp wallet division using legacy numbering
- [fixed] rare crash in station select dialog
- [fixed] invalid_token for character verification
- [fixed] invalid import price in importing analysis
- [changed] major internal ESI refactoring – dropped support for XML API
- [changed] ESI authentication is now browser-only
- [changed] 20180324 database
Known bug: toggling HTTP/2 in network preferences requires application restart.